Barcelona is a safe city, but as with all cities you should be vigilant in certain areas.
Some safety tips:
- Be careful if you are carrying money or documentation in your bag in a crowded place.
- Don’t leave personal items (wallet, mobile) on the table in a terrace, bar or restaurant
- In the streets around Las Ramblas, if you stop to view a street performance. Mind your belongings.
- The cup and ball game is a con, beware pickpockets around you and do not bet any money.
- Only buy entrance tickets from official sales points, do not trust ticket touts.
- Don’t leave any belongings visible inside a parked car, try to only use a car park with security.
- Don’t show your wallet in public places.
- Put the strap of your bag, camera or other belongings across your chest/back.
- Watch your cases at all times in places such as the airport, bus and train stations and Port.
- If you are robbed, try to find a police officer immediately who can instruct you on what action to take.